Feb. 12 & 13 vs Long Beach: How to Watch
- Saturday, Feb.12 @ 9:45 pm
- Sunday, Feb.13 @ 1:00 pm
Where: Icetown Carlsbad
- San Diego Sabers: 13-22-4
- Long Beach Shredders: 11-22-4
Coming off of a tough last weekend series vs the Monsters losing both on Feb.4 and Feb.5, the Sabers are looking to bounce back into the win column. Both teams are evenly matched heading into the weekend, the Sabers are one step closer to locking up a playoff spot if they were to come out of the weekend with a couple of wins.
They are in a continued dogfight with the Ontario Jr. Reign for the final playoff spot and fourth place in the pacific division.
The Shredders are also coming off a tough last weekend series loss against the Las Vegas Thunderbirds. Don’t doubt the last place Shredders as they want to have a strong finish to their remaining seven regular-season games.
Players to Watch:
- For the Sabers, watch out for leading point-getter Adam Wedberg, with 41 points and team-leading 23 goals. As he along with his team pushes to stay in fourth place and grab the final playoff position.
- For the Shredders, Blake Anderson and Jacob Saenger are both tied in team points with 37. Anderson, the Peace River, Alberta native leads the team in goals with 23 looks to have a strong finish to his rookie campaign with the Shredders. Saenger, the Castle Rock, Colorado native plans to continue his strong point production for the remaining seven games.