Billet Coordinator Wanted
The San Diego Sabers are seeking a billet coordinator for the 2023-24 season. As many of the student-athletes come to the organization from outside of the San Diego area, the Billet Coordinator is a key position for the Sabers organization. This person helps ensure that our student-athletes and billet families have a positive experience throughout the season.
- Reporting to San Diego Sabers Head Coach Nick Perez & General Manager Domenick DiCicco.
- Identifying and recruiting potential billet families throughout the summer and hockey season within the community.
- Attending house visits to ensure potential homes meet team qualifications.
- Serving as a resource to billet families during the season (approximately August – March) for questions or concerns. The Billet Coordinator will facilitate getting answers to questions and getting the appropriate Sabers staff member involved to resolve any issues that arise.
- Monitoring student-athlete placement/matches including an initial check-in with each family and periodic check-in throughout the season which can be done in person, over the phone, or via email.
- Assisting families in coordinating places for their student-athletes to stay if they need to be out of town. (Generally, other billet families will be willing to take a player for a short time so the Billet Coordinator can assist in identifying those homes.)
- Notifying Sabers staff of any issues that you become aware of, including team rule violations, billet family concerns, player concerns, etc.
- Ensuring all paperwork from the billet families is complete before the start of the season, including USPHL registration, SafeSport certification & background checks.
- Maintaining a spreadsheet of all billet family contact information.
- Helping Sabers team staff coordinate Billet Appreciation Night.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Ability to problem solve
This is an incentive pay position. Two season tickets will also be provided to the Billet Coordinator.
To apply or for questions regarding the position please email Sabers General Manager Domenick DiCicco at email@example.com.